MEETINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
- Icebreaker Reception
Wed., 6 May, 5-7 p.m.
- Annual Business Meeting, Cordilleran Section, GSA
Friday 8 May, 2:30-4 p.m., Okanagan Room.
- Social sponsored by Faculty of Arts and Sciences
in honor of the Contributions of UBC O and Earth and Environmental Sciences event recognizing contributions by Charles Fipke to UBC Okanagan
Friday, 8 May, 5-7 p.m. (tentative)
SPOUSE AND GUEST ACTIVITIES
Kelowna is known as a holiday destination because of its natural setting, but it is quickly becoming known worldwide as a major tourist attraction because of its close proximity to superior venues for outdoor activities and for its high-quality wines and restaurants. It is surrounded by freshwater lakes that provide recreational possibilities in the spring. Boat rentals and/or charters will be available during the conference. Wine tasting expeditions can be undertaken independently or through any of several local charter services, which will also provide a vehicle and informed interpretation, and the Spring Wine Festival coincides with the conference.
Here is a list of local wine tour operators. They will be able to take you to several wineries, and provide a variety of tour lengths to any of several regions in the valley. Please look at their websites to see what's available!
- Distinctly Kelowna Tours, +1-250-979-1211, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Okanagan Valley Wine Tours, +1-888-764-9869, email@example.com.
- Club Wine Tours, +1-250-762-9951, firstname.lastname@example.org.