Click here for a
Memorials are tributes written by associates, friends, or relatives, to deceased members of GSA. Authors who submit memorials may receive paper preprints for their own distribution on request. Copies will also be provided to the family of the deceased on request.
Members may also write their own memorials. The memorial should be attached to the member's Will with instructions to forward it to GSA at the appropriate time. Self-written memorials must follow GSA guidelines, and will be professionally edited by GSA editorial staff as appropriate. If the forwarding party would like copies of the memorial as specified above, they must notify GSA at that time.
- The copy should be limited to 2000 words (not including bibliography).
- Please double check spelling of names and dates listed within the text.
- Provide the text as an electronic file in Word format.
- If providing typed manuscripts, please double or triple space lines of text.
- Please supply either a glossy photograph or a digital photo in .JPG or .TIF format.
- Supply a selection of works that highlight a career, not a full listing of all published works.
- Do not abbreviate names of journals.
- Style should stay consistent throughout.
- Electronic: please send as email attachments both Word file and digital photo to:
- Hardcopy: please mail text and photo to:
Publications - April Leo
Geological Society of America
3300 Penrose Place
Boulder CO 80301
Keep the memories alive!
Click here to see a complete list of previously published memorials.