Suggestions to Organizers
- Make sure that each chapter is complete (including abstract,
acknowledgments, accurate References Cited list, and all tables and
figures) before final submission to the Books Science Editor.
- Make sure that all parts (abstracts, text, references, and figure
captions) of all manuscripts are double-spaced. Return any that
are not double-spaced to the corresponding authors to reformat before submitting
them to the GSA Books Science Editor.
- Make sure that all manuscripts are clean, i.e., if the volume editor
marks it up, have the author enter the corrections and submit a new copy that
will be ready for GSA's copy editor.
- Make sure that all non-English words and names in the text and References
Cited have the appropriate accents, diacritical marks, and special characters
before final submission to the Books Science Editor.
- Make sure the senior author submits electronic files that are final. Please follow the
guidelines for Figures and Tables.
- Provide a list of up-to-date e-mail addresses and phone numbers for
all corresponding authors. During the publication process, notify the GSA
books department staff of contact information changes for authors.