- Gain Cutting-Edge Knowledge of Advances in the Geosciences
- Publish and Present Your Research
- Take Advantage of Member-Only Discounts
- Interact with the Worldwide Geoscience Community
- Help Shape the Future of the Profession
GSA Publications Cover What's Hot in the Earth Sciences
Included with Membership:
- GSA Connection — This monthly e-publication contains news and items of interest to members.
- GSA Today — This enduring science and news magazine features a hot topic science article, member news, and job listings.
Members in countries other than “high income” receive GSA Today online.
- Free online access to GSA's journals (excluding Environmental & Engineering Geology)
- Geology — This is GSA's most-cited and widely read earth-science journal; with more than 20 thought-provoking articles each month.
- GSA Bulletin — GSA's first earth-science journal publishes classical-style research papers in all disciplines.
- Geosphere — This online-only journal covers all geoscience disciplines in a medium that accommodates animations and sound.
- Lithosphere — This jounal focuses on tectonic processes at all scales that affect the crust and upper mantle.
- Environmental & Engineering Geoscience (co-published by AEG and GSA)
- Online Store: Books, maps & charts, special papers, and more.
GSA's Annual Meeting attracts more than 6,000 attendees across all disciplines to participate in a high energy science exchange. Technical sessions, field trips, short courses, exhibits, networking opportunities, and more offer something for everyone. GSA Section Meetings present similar experiences at a more intimate regional level. Organized by member for members, these gatherings are ideal for connecting with long-standing friends and new-found colleagues.
Be part of the community that is shaping the future of earth science!
- GSA Section Meetings present similar experiences at a more intimate regional level, and offers the perfect venue for students to present their research. Awards for best papers and posters, coupled with mentoring programs and travel and research grants, make participation in your Section very rewarding.
- Join any number of GSA's 18 specialty Divisions for more focused opportunities. Divisions offer short courses, sessions, trips, research grants, and awards, along with leadership and networking opportunities. Students receive one free Division membership.
- Publish your research through peer-reviewed journals and other publications for worldwide circulation and exposure. GSA's online abstract services offer the opportunity to publish and present your research at GSA's Annual and Section Meetings.
- Be informed about government and policy issues that affect the geoscience community. Participate in the development of GSA position papers, congressional visits days, and grassroots activism.
- Give back to the geosciences by supporting research, educational programs, and public outreach efforts through contributions to the GSA Foundation.
- Join any number of GSA's 18 specialty Divisions for more focused opportunities and indulge your professional interests.
GSA Affinity Relationships:
Save 10% on a car rental with Enterprise. Use GSA's corporate code: 32F3047; and PIN: GEO.