Return to Job Board
Oil Reservoir Engineer, Saudi Aramco
Job ID: 15807
Saudi Aramco is seeking Senior Engineers with extensive experience of Oil Reservoir Management. Saudi Aramco offers the opportunity to develop and manage world-class fields, reservoirs and reserves.
We are looking for expert professionals to join us at our state-of-the-art Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, to manage some of the world’s largest onshore and offshore oil fields. Our petroleum engineers conduct pioneering research, introduce new technologies and provide specialized engineering services as part of our customized reservoir management practices.
This senior technical role provides expert advice and guidance on all aspects of oil reservoir management, including designing, participating in and implementing best-in-class reservoir management programs.
This position is embedded within the Petroleum Engineering business and as a senior technical specialist, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
• As a successful candidate, you should hold a Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
• Master’s degree or PhD is desirable, but not required.
• A minimum of 10 years related experience including at least 7 years specializing in oil reservoir management. A training history of appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected. Technical publications are valued but in-depth practical experience is paramount.
• You must have the ability to interact and communicate clearly with specialists in geology, core and fluid analysis, petrophysics, simulation, drilling, completion, production and facilities.
• You must have working knowledge of open-hole and cased-hole logs, geological modeling, simulation, completion and production procedures and technologies.
• You must have history of using modern reservoir management practices for oil reservoirs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You are expected to be able to do the following:
• Provide guidance and oversight on best-in-class reservoir management tenets, practices and state-of-the art- technologies for all Saudi Aramco hydrocarbon assets.
• Formulate reservoir development, data acquisition, strategic surveillance and monitoring master-plans to ensure optimal development and depletion strategies.
• Utilize reservoir management standards and guidelines to enhance both NPV and hydrocarbon recovery.
• Lead, design and participate in integrated field reviews and field development plans.
• Preparing reservoir engineering input into drilling and work-over proposals and programs.
• Recommend advanced completion techniques for horizontal and multi-lateral wells.
• Lead and participate in reservoir engineering studies that include reservoir stimulation modeling of various IOR processes for improvement of ultimate recovery.
• Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
• Train and mentor young engineers.
TO APPLY: https://apply.aramco.jobs/jobs/1141995?lang=en-us&Codes=ASC-W-GSA