Return to Job Board
Petrophysicist, Saudi Aramco
Job ID: 15784
Saudi Aramco offers experienced petrophysicists the opportunity to evaluate, develop and manage world-class fields, reservoirs and reserves. We are looking for experienced professionals to join us at our state-of-the-art Exploration and Petroleum Engineering Center in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Our petrophysics team manages hundreds of rigs, introduces new technologies, conducts fundamental and applied research, and provide specialized services as part of our customized best-in-class reservoir description practices.
This senior technical position is embedded within the Reservoir Description Division business and, as a senior technical specialist in either exploration, development, or surveillance petrophysics, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
• BS degree in petroleum engineering, geology, geophysics, or physics. M.S. or Ph.D. is strongly desirable.
• Depth of experience: Minimum of 20 years of related experience including at least 15 years in petrophysics.
• Technical publications are strongly valued and in-depth practical experience is paramount.
• Breadth of experience: Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization, reservoir engineering and management, drilling, and production engineering.
• Extensive working knowledge of vendor tools and data acquisition practices.
• Demonstrated ability to use industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software.
• Experience with integrated petrophysical studies and petrophysical modeling.
• Experience in mentoring/training/teaching is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct comprehensive petrophysical studies and analyses by integrating logging tool responses, rock, fluid and production data for formation evaluation and reservoir surveillance.
• Design and oversee core and fluid studies to enhance petrophysical models.
• Develop verifiable petrophysical models for incorporation into static and dynamic reservoir models for volumetric prediction and development planning.
• Evaluate new logging tools and data acquisition and analysis procedures in terms of cost and technology.
• Lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams.
• Act as technical advisor to management regarding best practices for the acquisition, analysis, interpretation and integration of logging data.
• Represent Saudi Aramco in external technical contacts with consultants, and vendors, etc.
• Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
• Mentor and train young professionals.
TO APPLY: https://apply.aramco.jobs/jobs/1141871?lang=en-us&Codes=ASC-W-GSA