Return to Job Board
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Hydrometeorology, Desert Research Institute
The Desert Research Institute is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the area of hydrometeorology. The Postdoctoral position will be linked to ongoing research programs within DRI and will be an integral part of DRI’s hydrologic sciences team. Within this team, the position has the opportunity to collaborate with hydrologists, hydrogeologists, engineers, and atmospheric scientists. The position will be expected to interpret, reason, and develop statistical and dynamic climate projections using global- or regional-climate models, as well as precipitation and flood frequency analyses for engineering assessments in typically semi- and arid environments. Collaboration with researchers in other areas of hydrologic sciences is also strongly encouraged. The position will be located at DRI’s Las Vegas campus.
• Ph.D. in hydrometeorology/hydrology, engineering, or other related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Experience with hydrologic/hydraulic and environmental data compilation; climate modeling; and data quality assessment.
• Extensive experience with computer programming and Big Data problems.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain quality, safety, and control standards.
• Evidence of the ability to participate in and coordinate collaborative research.
• Team player with diverse interests and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently to fulfill project goals and meet project deadlines.
• Ability to conceptualize and develop research proposals.
• Ability to effectively analyze and report research findings to sponsors, at conferences, and in the scientific literature (strong oral and written English communication skills).
• Research focus that is complementary with existing DRI programs.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
• Nevada driver's license or ability to obtain one by hire date.
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://jobs.dri.edu/postings/289
To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by October 13, 2017
For questions regarding this position, please call the DRI recruiting office at 702-862-5548.