Earth Science in General
Reaction Paper A way to get students to read and comprehend literature on earth science related topics. Teachers can customize for their current needs and for other subjects. Emphasizes the importance of reading and staying aware of current events.
Open-Ended Scientific Method Lab — An introduction to the nature of science and the terms hypothesis, experiment, observation, and inference.
Lesson Plan Links
GSA is not responsible for content on web sites linked from our site. However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.
- Teachers Domain - WGBH has just released the new Earth and Space Science collection, with over 200 media-rich resources and 20 lesson plans for K-12 classrooms.
- Geoteach extra credit earth science worksheet. Great activities kids can do on their own.
- Science Review Games - Neat Earth science related review games, in the form of sports games like soccer or basketball.
- Jefferson Lab Games and Puzzles - by Jefferson Labs Find a collection of on-line games for the retention of the elements and the periodic table. Examples includes element flash cards, hangman, matching and crossword puzzles. Other math and science games are also found at the site. (Audience: middle school and high school)
- Measure the Circumference of the Earth: The Noon Day Project - This great activity is an opportunity for students to see how mathematics and science work together in explaining a real world phenomenon. (Recommended Grade Levels 5-12 but all are invited to participate).
- Try a Science Snack - Snacks are miniature science exhibits that teachers could make using common, inexpensive, easily available materials. By using Snacks in their classrooms, teachers can climb out of the textbooks and join their students in discovering science for themselves.