Earth Science in General
Lesson Plan Links
GSA is not responsible for content on web sites linked from our site. However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.
- Teachers Domain - WGBH has just released the new Earth and Space Science collection, with over 200 media-rich resources and 20 lesson plans for K-12 classrooms.
- Science Review Games – Neat Earth science related review games, in the form of sports games like soccer or basketball.
- Where are the Penguins? - a webquest for first graders about penguins. Not really earth science, but great for getting first graders on the computer.
- SciZone at the Ontario Science Centre - The Ontario Science Centre's mission is 'to delight, inform and challenge visitors through engaging and thought-provoking experiences in science and technology. There is a good activity called "Why is the Sky Blue?" - click on Home Lab; Discover Our Rainforest is cute too.
- Geologic Time: Rock Around the Clock - For grades 3 and up. Kids may have trouble imagining a million years, let alone a billion, but one day's not so hard. This kid-friendly time line lays out Earth's history against a 24-hour period.
- Measure the Circumference of the Earth: The Noon Day Project - This great activity is an opportunity for students to see how mathematics and science work together in explaining a real world phenomenon. (Recommended Grade Levels 5-12 but all are invited to participate).
- Try a Science Snack - Snacks are miniature science exhibits that teachers could make using common, inexpensive, easily available materials. By using Snacks in their classrooms, teachers can climb out of the textbooks and join their students in discovering science for themselves.