GSA Mineralogy, Geochemistry, Petrology, and Volcanology (MGPV) Division
The MGPV Distinguished Geologic Career Award will go to an individual who, throughout his/her career, has made distinguished contributions in one or more of the following fields of research: mineralogy, geochemistry, petrology, volcanology, with emphasis on multidisciplinary, field-based contributions. This award emphasizes a geologic and multidisciplinary approach. Geologic work is by nature generalistic and has an important field component, with Earth as the natural laboratory.
Nominees need not be citizens or residents of the United States, and membership in the Geological Society of America is not required. The award will not be given posthumously.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations Deadline for the 2014 Award: midnight (EDT) 15 July 2013 [ how to nominate ]
- 2014 - Frederick A. Frey, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA USA
- 2013 - Gerhard Wörner, Georg August Universität Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany
- 2012 - Jason B. Saleeby, California Institute of Technology
- 2011 - John M. Ferry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA [ view citation & response ]
- 2010 - Peter Lipman, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, CO, USA [ view citation & response ]