Book Proposal and Manuscript Submission
Preparing your proposal
Key Items for Proposal
- One page description: Introduce subject, provide background and significance, state why GSA should publish the book, note whether book is for specialists or general audience.
- Schedule: Proposed time frame for original submission, review, revision, and final submission.
- Preliminary Table of Contents: preliminary list of chapter titles, authors (if edited volume), and author contact information.
Email your proposal to email@example.com. Your proposal will be accepted or declined by the Science Editor.
Preparing your manuscript
Key Items for Manuscript Submission
- Manuscript file: line numbered Word document. Manuscript Guidelines | Manuscript Template | GSA Reference Style
- Separate figure files: clearly labeled TIFF, GIF, JPG, PDF (reduced-sized PDFs preferable). Figure Guidelines
- Tables: Excel or Word. Table Guidelines
- Supplemental materials (optional). Supplemental data requirements
Process for a Single-Authored Book
If your book project is authored, click here.
Process for an Edited Collection
If your book project is an edited collection, click here.
Receiving Your Decision
Acceptance or rejection of a manuscript is based on the appraisal of the paper by two or more reviewers and an editor designated by GSA (Note: Nearly all manuscripts are returned to the author with suggestions for revision, condensation, or final polish.) The final decision will be emailed to you by the Science Editor.