Job Title: Foundation Assistant
Organization: Geological Society of America Foundation
Location: Geological Society of America Headquarters, Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Part Time / Non Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Geological Society of America Foundation (GSAF) seeks a parttime Foundation Assistant (10 to 11 hours / week) for their Boulder headquarters. GSAF is an independent 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1980 to raise and manage funds solely in support of the mission of the GSA. See www.gsafweb.org.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of general administrative experience in the non-profit sector. He / she will be an excellent time manager and be able to operate well in an informal environment that values a good deal of independence. We seek a team player who is flexible and able to work in a small development operation within a larger society where each member must, as times, pitch in to forward the common purpose.
The successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word); Mail Merge skills helpful
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within a team, between teams, and independently
- Social media skills preferred
Qualified candidates will be subject to a background check.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Perform data entry and scanning of documents into Raiser’s Edge Database
- Assist in resolving any administrative problems
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Performs key research and analysis (as assigned) for the Foundation
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits are NOT included in this position.
Please provide the following documents to be considered for this position:
- Cover letter (include your salary requirements)
- List of three professional references
These may be sent as attachments to email@example.com or mailed to:
Geological Society of America
3300 Penrose Place
P.O. Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V