Enjoy three days of professional development geared specifically for the K-12 educator, home-school parents, and informal educators in order to raise geoscience literacy of future generations. Interact with professional geoscientists from industry, academia, and government agencies who are your workshop presenters, mentors, and trip leaders.
- A mix of field and classroom activities;
- A focus on local geology & issues at the state level tied to local teaching standards;
- Field trips to classic geologic outcrops & natural geologic processes;
- Field trips to sites related to regional geology & industry;
- Classroom activities focused on key content in a hands-on, pedagogically sound, ready-to-use form.