GSA Honors & Awards
How to Nominate
Nominate for GSA Awards
Nominations due 1 February.
E-mail appropriate supporting documents to
or mail to:
Geological Society of America
Attn: Grants, Awards & Recognition
PO Box 9140
Boulder, CO 80301-9140
Specific award requirements are outlined below.
- ONLINE NOMINATION FORM
- CURRICULUM VITAE
- Required for all medals and awards.
Suggested sources: American Men and Women of Science; Who's Who in America; GSA Service Record (obtainable from headquarters)
- NOMINATION LETTER
- Summary of scientific contributions to geology and to the Society. 300 words or less.
(Required for all awards except for Doris Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science Award.)
- Full letter of nomination clearly stating the impact of the dissertation research; plus dissertation title and abstract (Doris Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science only)
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
- 20 titles or less (Penrose, Day, Honorary Fellow, Geologic Mapping)
- 10 titles or less (Young Scientist, Public Service, Doris Curtis Outstanding Woman in Science)
- Optional (Distinguished Service, Bromery Award)
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF GEOLOGIC MAPS
20 titles or less including PDFs or website links to several key maps authored by nominee (Geologic Mapping only)
- LETTERS OF SUPPORT
Nominations require supporting letters IN ADDITION to the nomination letter. Supporting letters must discuss candidates qualifications with regard to the specific criteria listed for the medal or award. These letters of support may be emailed or mailed to GSA. Please supply only the number of supporting letters required.
||# supporting letters needed
||Total # letters
including nomination letters
||5 GSA Fellows or Members
||3 GSA Fellows + 2 Scientists
*Nominator must be a GSA Fellow
|2 GSA Fellows
+ 1 GSA Fellow or a person of equivalent international stature
||3 GSA Fellows or Members
||2 GSA Members + 1 Scientist
|Distinguished Service, Public Service
||Letters are optional