Minority Student Scholarship Program
The Minority Student Scholarship Program provides $1,500 to one student at an accredited university or college in each of the six GSA Sections as nominated by a GSA Professional Member. The funds are to be used to purchase text books, pay college fees, or attend GSA field trips or conferences.
In addition to the cash award, a complimentary GSA student membership for 2017 will be granted. Meeting registration for this year’s GSA Annual Meeting in Denver, CO from 25-28 September 2016, will also be provided where a student awards reception will be held.
Nomination Deadline: 10 June 2016
Please email form to: email@example.com
Student Requirements for Nomination
- Be a U.S. citizen and a member of a minority group;
- Has taken at least two (2) introductory geoscience courses;
- Be enrolled in additional geoscience courses in the upcoming academic year; and
- Be a current undergraduate student member of GSA.
Nomination Responsibilities and Timeline
- Nominator must be a GSA Professional Member (1 nomination per member)
- Confirm with the student that he/she is a member of a minority group.
- Verify that the student has completed two introductory geoscience courses and is enrolled in geosciences classes for the upcoming academic year.
- Complete and return the nomination form above via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 June 2016.
- Nominations will be forwarded to the GSA Diversity in the Geosciences Committee for review.
- All awards will be announced by the end of July 2017.