Suggestions to Organizers
- Make sure that all manuscripts are complete (all should have abstracts,
acknowledgments, accurate References Cited lists, and copies of all tables and
figures) before final submission to the Books Science Editor. Do not send
the volume to the Science Editor unless all manuscripts are included.
- Make sure that all parts (abstracts, text, references, and figure
captions) of all manuscripts are double-spaced. Return any that
are not double-spaced to the corresponding authors to reformat before submitting
them to the GSA Books Science Editor.
- Make sure that all manuscripts are clean; i.e., if the volume editor
marks it up, have the author enter the corrections and submit a new copy that
will be ready for GSA's copy editor.
- Make sure that each manuscript has high-quality printouts and electronic
files of all figures and tables. If the figure is to be printed in color,
provide a color printout. All figures should be labeled (e.g., A, B, C) to match
their respective captions. If they are not labeled, have the author label them
and provide new printouts before final submission to the Books Science Editor.
- Make sure that no abbreviations (e.g., journal names or state names)
appear in any of the references. If there are abbreviations, return the manuscript
to the author to spell out the abbreviations before final submission to the Books
- Make sure that all non-English words and names in the text and References
Cited have the appropriate accents, diacritical marks, and special characters
before final submission to the Books Science Editor.
- Make sure that the senior author submits electronic files that match the
final paper copy versions of their manuscripts, figures, and tables. Have
senior authors provide their tables on a separate diskette. Please follow the
guidelines for Figures and Tables.
- Provide a list of up-to-date e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers for
all corresponding authors. During the publication process, notify the GSA
books department staff of any address changes for authors.