Geology in Industry
This mentor program features a FREE lunch for undergraduate and graduate students with a panel of mentors representing various industries. These mentors will answer questions, offer advice about preparing for a career in industry, and comment on the prospects for current and future job opportunities with their companies.
The mentors discuss topics such as:
- The current and anticipated future role of geoscientists within each mentor's particular industry.
- Discussion of interesting or highly visible geoscience projects currently in progress.
- Current and future job opportunities within each mentor's company. How and who to contact for additional information.
This event is only held at GSA's Annual Meeting and it attracts over 300 students each year. The informal Q&A luncheon setting of this program is driven by students questions and all students registered for the Annual Meeting will receive a free ticket to this event with their badge packet on site. The first 300 students in line will be admitted.
Previous attendees have commented:
- This program gave me a way to go about looking for jobs with only a bachelors degree. It was good info for those debating what to do next.
- I enjoyed hearing from those who are recruiting. They gave good, solid advice and were honest about which degrees would help us get a job.
- This program gave me hope of finding a job after school. It helped me learn where to start my search.
- I learned lots of things about industry that I did not previously know.
- This has been an extremely eye opening experience. Thanks!
For more information about this program, contact Jennifer Nocerino, GSA headquarters, +1-303-357-1036, .