Annual Meeting Programs
- Geology in Industry Career Pathways Luncheon
- Supported by corporate sponsors, this luncheon is part of the GeoCareers in Industry Program and features company representatives who offer advice about preparing for a career in industry and comment on the prospects for current and future job opportunities in their industries.
- Geology in Government Career Pathways Luncheon
- Supported by the GSA Foundation, this popular luncheon features a panel of professional geoscientists representing a broad spectrum of government agencies and positions associated with public policy.
- The Paleontological Society Mentors in Paleontology Careers Luncheon
- This student luncheon features a panel of mentors representing a variety of colleges, universities, museums, and government agencies. They offer advice about preparing for a career in paleontology and comment on the prospects for current and future job opportunities.
- Women in Geology Career Pathways Reception
- Supported by corporate sponsors, this informal gathering features invited female geoscientists discussing their career trajectories and issues they have faced throughout their career. A Q&A session follows in which attendees are encouraged to network and share ideas.
- Student Networking Luncheon
- This light lunch event provides students and early career scientists with an exciting opportunity to network with more than 40 geoscience professionals. The mentors will answer questions, offer advice about career plans, and comment on job opportunities within their fields.
- John Mann Mentors in Applied Hydrogeology
- Students registered for the Annual Meeting who are members of the Hydrogeology Division will receive an invite to network at the GSA Hydrogeology Division Luncheon, Awards, & Business Meeting. The invitation e-mail will be sent the morning following GSA’s Early Annual Meeting Registration Deadline. The first 25 students who reply to this e-mail will receive these tickets.
- In addition, students could win a year-long membership to the GSA and the Hydrogeology Division, these memberships are awarded to students at the Hydrogeology Division Student Reception at the Annual Meeting.
Section Meetings Programs
John Mann Mentors in Applied Hydrogeology
This event supported by the GSA Foundation through a gift from John Mann, features an informal, lunchtime gathering that brings students interested in applied hydrogeology as a career together with practicing hydrogeologists
Roy J. Shlemon Mentor Program in Applied Geoscience
This event supported by the GSA Foundation through a gift from Roy J. Shlemon, is designed to acquaint undergraduate and graduate students with careers in applied geoscience. The mentor's goal is to provide real-world information and insight, based on his or her own career
Learn More about Becoming a Mentor
Wherever you are in your career, there is always someone who can benefit from your advice. Your experience is invaluable to a student contemplating his or her future. GSA recruits mentors for spring Section Meetings. Annual Meeting Career Pathway Program mentorships are by invitation only. The On To the Future (OTF) Program also recruits professionals each summer to mentor a student who is attending their first Annual Meeting. The OTF website can provide more specifics on mentoring at the Annual Meeting.
Questions about these Annual and Section Programs?
Contact Jennifer Nocerino, GSA headquarters, +1-303-357-1036, firstname.lastname@example.org.