|Currently employed as a teacher at an elementary or secondary-level institution.
|Membership Dues: $30
|Membership term is based on the calendar year. Attend just one GSA meeting (section or annual), and your membership dues and the savings covers your annual dues!
|Note: If you reside in and are a citizen of a country or territory with an economy classified as other than “high-income” by the World Bank, your dues are reduced.
GSA Membership: Explore Your Resources & Broaden Your Experiences!
- Enhance your Classroom Activities
- Stay Current on the Latest News and Research
- Gain Firsthand Knowledge
- Share the Fun and Adventure of Earth Science
Classroom & Professional Resources
- Exchange teacher-tested lesson plans via our Web site — all linked to the Digital Library for Earth Systems Education (DLESE). Tap into a wide range of teaching resources through hundreds of educational information links.
- Written by and for earth-science teachers, GSA's earth-science E-Teach Materials focus on specific geoscience topics. Each lesson includes teaching notes, images, models, and activities, available at member-only prices.
GSA Publications Cover What's Hot in the Earth Sciences
|Included with Membership:
- GSA Today — This enduring science and news magazine features a hot topic science article, member news, and job listings.
Members in countries other than “high income” receive GSA Today online.
- GSA Connection — This monthly e-publication contains news and items of interest to members.
- Free online access to GSA's journals (excluding Environmental & Engineering Geology)
- Geology — This is GSA's most-cited and widely read earth-science journal; with more than 20 thought-provoking articles each month.
- GSA Bulletin — GSA's first earth-science journal publishes classical-style research papers in all disciplines.
- Geosphere — This online-only journal covers all geoscience disciplines in a medium that accommodates animations and sound.
- Lithosphere — This jounal focuses on tectonic processes at all scales that affect the crust and upper mantle.
- Environmental & Engineering Geoscience (co-published by AEG and GSA)
- Online Store: Books, maps & charts, special papers, and more.
Lifelong Learning with the Earth Science Community
- GSA's Annual Meeting attracts more than 6,000 attendees across all disciplines. Presentations span a broad range of cutting-edge earth science topics. The program includes short coures for K–12 teachers.
- GSA Section Meetings present similar experiences at a more intimate regional level.
- Join any number of GSA's 18 specialty Divisions for more focused opportunities.
- Visit some of the most spectacular geological sites in the world. As a GSA K-12 Teacher member, you'll be invited on field camps to gain first-hand knowledge to take back to your classroom.
- GeoCorps™ America offers members a unique opportunity to apply for paid positions during summer break, working on exciting field projects with government agencies and other organizations committed to science and stewardship.
Shape the Future of the Geosciences
- Stay current on critical public policy issues in geology, and support GSA in increasing public awareness of the value of earth science education.
- Give back to the geosciences by supporting research, educational programs, and public outreach efforts through contributions to the GSA Foundation.
GSA Affinity Relationships: Save 10% on a car rental with Enterprise. Use GSA's corporate code: 32F3047; and PIN: GEO.