A Public Forum—
Learn how scientists use geology to aid in criminal and civil investigations.
Hear leading experts present:
- Intriguing cases histories, complete with clandestine gravesites
- An historical overview of forensic geology
- Types of geologic evidence, techniques for its proper collection, and ways that it is analyzed
- How geologic evidence is used in court
Audience Q&A to follows presentation.
This presentation is non-technical and suitable for anyone who is interested in the scientific analysis of evidence from crime scene investigations.
Panel members include …
- Maureen Bottrell, Geologist and Forensic Examiner, Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory, Quantico, VA [ read bio ]
- Raymond Murray, Forensic Geologist/Consultant and Author, Missoula, MT [ read bio ]
- Jim Reed, Computer-based geological and geophysical exploration expert, NecroSearch International, Golden, CO [ read bio ]
- Bill Schneck, Analyst, Microanalysis Section, Washington State Patrol Crime Laboratory, Spokane, WA [ read bio ]
- Elisa Bergslien (Moderator), Assistant Professor, Department of Earth Sciences and Science Education, Buffalo State College, Buffalo, NY [ read bio ]