Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac) is about 30 minutes (or more, depending on traffic) from downtown Seattle.
The following airlines have been contracted to provide convention rates to and from Seattle for the GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition. You can save up to 15% on published airfares by booking through the group reservation desks at the numbers listed below.
- Alaska Airlines
- Meeting ID #CMR6375
- Alaska Airlines is offering discounts of 10% off published excursion fares, except companion and other promotional fares. Call the Alaska Airlines Meeting Department at 1-800-445-4435 and reference meeting ID number CMR6375 to book your discounted travel.
- Southwest Airlines
- Meeting ID #U0216
- Southwest Airlines offers up to 10% off most fares for air travel to and from the event, with the convenience of Ticketless Travel. To qualify, call Southwest Airlines Group and Meetings Reservations at 1-800-433-5368 and reference meeting ID number U0216. Reservations sales agents are available 7 a.m-8 p.m., Monday-Friday, or 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, Central Standard Time.
- United Airlines
- Meeting ID #516BG
- United is offering a 10% discount off the unrestricted, fully refundable coach fare or a 5% discount off the lowest applicable fares, including first class, to all attendees of the GSA Annual Meeting. An additional 5% discount will apply when tickets are purchased at least 30 days in advance of travel. This special offer applies to travel on domestic segments of all United Airlines and United Express flights. United's schedule and discounted fares are available through United's Meeting Desk or your travel agent. Call 1-800-521-4041 and reference meeting ID number 516BG. If you are told by a United agent that the Meeting ID# is incorrect, please ask for a supervisor. 516BG is the correct Meeting ID# for the GSA Annual Meeting. Dedicated reservationists are on duty seven days a week, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Transportation Options to & from Sea-Tac
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- 1-800-732-3232 or www.alamo.com
- Group ID # 699477
- Plan Code: GR
- Alamo Rent-A-Car will provide convention rates from $33 per day to $149 per week (and up), with no charge for an additional driver. Attendees can call or book online. Reference group ID number 699477 and plan code GR.
- Shuttle Service
- Grayline Airport Express
- Grayline Airporter bus service offers daily door-to-door service from Sea-Tac Airport to the following downtown hotels: Sheraton, Hilton, Renaissance, Crowne Plaza, Four Seasons, Roosevelt, Cavanaugh's, Paramount, Warwick, Westin, and the Greyhound Depot. Departs twice an hour. Boarding locations at Sea-Tac: North Booth-outside the United Airlines baggage claim area, and South Booth-outside the International baggage claim area (covers Northwest and TWA).
- Current prices are $8.50 one-way for adults and $14.00 round-trip for adults. These prices are subject to change. For more information, please call (206) 626-6088.
- Shuttle Express
- Shuttle Express offers the following transportation options:
- Execucar - Private, nonstop services to and from Sea-Tac Airport. Execucar's spacious Lincoln Town Cars offer "Meet and Greet" services at the Sea-Tac baggage claim area for arriving guests (with advanced reservations), as well as baggage service-your driver will take care of everything, and will arrive at your requested time. The fare is $45.00 to downtown Seattle for up to four people.
- Charters - Private, nonstop service to and from Sea-Tac airport. After collecting your luggage, please proceed to the nearest Traveler's Information Center (adjacent to the escalators). Pick up the phone and press 48. You will be connected to a Shuttle Express reservationist who will direct you to an inside waiting area. The driver will arrive in less than 30 minutes, call you by your last name, and escort you to a seven-passenger Dodge van. The fare to downtown Seattle is $44.00 for up to seven people.
- Door-to-Door - After collecting your luggage, please proceed to the nearest Traveler's Information Center. Pick up the phone and press 48. You will be connected to a Shuttle Express reservationist who will direct you to an inside waiting area. The driver will arrive in less than 30 minutes, call you by your last name, and escort you to a share-a-ride van. Vans leave Sea-Tac on demand; therefore, an advanced reservation is not necessary. The fare is $20.00 for the first person, and $4.00 for each additional person.
- Average rate:
- $30-$40 one-way
Apply for a Travel Grant
Transportation Options in Seattle
GSA will not be providing shuttle service from the hotels to the convention center this year, but Seattle does have the following inexpensive-or free-options for getting around downtown.
Metro buses are free from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the downtown Ride Free zone that extends from First Avenue to Sixth Avenue off the I-5 Freeway, between Jackson on the south and Bell on the north. You can also purchase a one-day pass for only $2.50 for travel anywhere on the system. For additional Metro bus information, please call (206) 553-3000.
The Monorail departs every 10 minutes for a two-minute ride between Seattle Center and Westlake Center. The cost is $1.50 one-way or $3.00 round-trip for adults. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-11 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. For additional information, please check the Seattle Center Monorail Web site.