- AGI Summer & Semester Internships (undergrad or Masters geoscience students)
- Gain a first-hand understanding of the legislative process and the operation of executive branch agencies. Hone writing, research, and web publishing skills. Stipend available.
- East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (EAPSI)
- EAPSI supports 200-205 graduate students each year to do research in the lab of their choice in any of seven locations: Australia, China, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore or Taiwan. Application Deadline: Second Thursday in November.
- GeoCorps™ America
- Geoscientists on Public Lands - A GSA program in cooperation with the BLM, NPS, & USFS.
- Mosaics in Science
- Short-term STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) projects National Parks.
- NASA Internships
- Research in the Solid Earth Science for Students (RESESS)
- A multi-summer internship program for students who are underrepresented in the geosciences based in Boulder, Colorado, for the first summer. Travel, lodging, and salary are provided. Do research in geology, hydrology, geophysics, glaciology, or other fascinating topics. Sophomores and Juniors can apply, and may participate for up to two or three years.
- The Juneau Icefield Research Program
- Expedition Training in Arctic and Mountain Earth System Science.
- The Honors Interdisciplinary Summer Field Program: Geology, Anthropology, and Ecology
- Learn about geology, ecology, and anthropology in an "open-air" classroom.
- Universities Space Research Association Education Associates Program
- NASA's Undergraduate Student Research Program managed by USRA, offers undergraduates across the United States mentored internship experiences at NASA Centers and research facilities.
- AAAS-RAND Science and Technology Policy Intern Program
- Environmental Careers Organization
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Michigan Tech University and Peace Corps
- New program with the U.S. Peace Corps where students can gain an M.S. degree while doing a two year Peace Corps field assignment in a Central American country with significant geological hazards.
- NASA Academy
- NASA's DEVELOP Program
- National Wildlife Federation Internship Programs
- National Science Foundation
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Student Conservation Association
- University of Arizona – Carson Scholars Program
- University of Arizona Biosphere 2
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates and Summer Research Institute
- White House Office of Science & Technology Policy
- The program is seeking highly motivated and dedicated individuals interested in science and technology policy. Applicants must be US citizens and be enrolled, not less than half-time, in an accredited college, university, or other educational institution. Students who wish to participate in this program during the Fall semester may work at OSTP on a part-time or full-time basis.
||GSA is not responsible for content on Web sites linked from our site.
However, please contact us if you encounter broken links.