- 1. Teaching Learning: Improved Performance by Enhanced Student Learning Strategies.
Sun., 18 May, 1–5 p.m.
- 2. Making and Interpreting Geologic Maps with Mobile Devices and Google Earth.
Sun., 18 May, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- 3. Science Communication Workshop.
Mon., 19 May, 8–11:30 a.m. US$15. Max: 30.
Christa Stratton, The Geological Society of America, .
- Scientist-communicators who can present messages clearly and foster respect between science and the lay public are essential for true public engagement with critical scientific issues, but traditional scientific training typically does not prepare scientists to be effective public communicators. This workshop, modeled after an American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) training course, will give you guidance on how to hone your public communication and outreach skills and the opportunity to practice in a safe and comfortable setting. Continental breakfast included.
- 4. GSA Geoscience Career Program Workshop.
Mon., 19 May, 2–5 p.m. Max: 30.
Free — must register to attend. Jennifer Nocerino, The Geological Society of America, .
- Are you about to embark on the search for a job? Or are you currently in the job market and want in increase your chances? Would you like some feedback on your résumé and some pointers on approaching your interview? The new GSA Geoscience Career Program Workshop is designed to help you begin this process. We will discuss cover letters, CVs/resumes, job hunting skills, and job market statistics.